Sunday, September 19, 2010

Relatively Related?

I think from time-to-time I will post pictures and thoughts about relatives so the many people who follow this blog can get to know me.  The first relative I'd like to blog about is my sister-in-law's husband, Nathan. I have to begin first by saying that Nathan is NOT my brother-in-law.  He could only be my brother-in-law if I had a sister, and I do not, or if Steve had a brother which he does not.  I could refer to him as my father-in-law's son-in-law or my sister-in-law's sister's husband, but that might get too confusing.  I could simply say he is my kids' uncle, but that does not display the close relationship I share with this distant relative of mine.  We technically are not relatives, we are just thrown together in this mix by marrying two siblings.  (Which means when all the sibling start arguing about who had it worst growing up, we just look at each other across the room and roll our eyes!)  So that is what he  is not.  However, Nathan IS several things:  he's a Godly Christian, he's a great husband to my sister-in-law, he's a hard worker, he's calm, cool, and collected most of the time, he's willing to let Laura keep my 7 kids, and he's what every woman would want in a man who's married to her sister-in-law--He's a handyman!  He knows how to do just about anything around the house.  So in his "spare" time, he's been a really big help to us!  Thanks, Nathan, for all the work you've done around my house!  Of all the prospects Laura could have chosen, I'm glad she chose you!  I'm glad we are in the same family!

2 comments:

  1. Am I missing something? Where is that picture?!?! So glad the VonBokerns have you "outsiders" to keep us all in line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you will carefully read the sentence, it does say "pictures and thoughts." I guess this blog will only be thoughts until I can figure out how to post pics!

    ReplyDelete